Wayne and I have been happily married for 12 years today! Of course we’ve been married for 16. This joke is still funny.
I learned things about Wayne this year, he hates some stuff. I didn’t know this man was practiced in the hatred sector AT ALL!
Case #1: I overheard this exchange between Wayne and a friend. “Oh I’ve always hated working on vehicles. It seems like I was always working on worn out cars when it was sub-zero weather, all the tools were icy cold and stubborn, I’d bloody my knuckles and scrap my hands, I HATE IT!”
Now I must enlighten you, I actually had the sensation that some of my now-single friends describe when they'd utter, “Who is this man?” “Who is this man I married?”
Case #2: I was directly stuck in this exchange. “I’ve tried to tell you this before Stephanie, I hate paying for stuff online. It makes me nervous distributing all my credit card information for hackers, I HATE IT.”
My astonishment was in abundance.
So the moral of the story...on our sweet 16 anniversary…I continue to be fascinated with our differences, less-so in hateful ways because of Wayne--Wayne, more-so in his discovery of hateful ways because of me.
No comments:
Post a Comment